It's that time of year again for the annual Top 10 Black Celebrity Philanthropists List! We're partnering again with the Admiral Center, an organization that helps celebrities use their resources and influence to develop sustainable and impactful solutions to improve the lives of low-income people in America.
With partners such as author and radio-show host Steve Harvey, and NBA stars Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade, the Admiral Center staff have the expertise to help celebrities build a philanthropic legacy that they can be proud of and to think about ways in which they can impact the most possible people and support solutions that last. This aspect is important, as 2012 hasn't been a good year for some celebrity philanthropists, despite their best intentions. Because of this, the 2012 Top 10 Black Celebrity Philanthropists list will look different: We're revamping the list by incorporating new criteria, and bringing on board a list of impressive judges (to be announced soon) who will determine the Top Ten Black Celebrity Philanthropists of 2012.
In addition to the judges list, you, the readers, will nominate your favorite celebrity philanthropist for our special readers choice list. Below are criteria to help you with your nomination:
- Awareness: Has the celebrity brought significant awareness to an important cause?
- Leverage: Has the celebrity integrated their philanthropic platform/message into their overall messaging and image?
- Honors/Awards: Are you aware of the celebrity being honored for his/her philanthropic efforts?
- Social Media: Does the celebrity use their social media platform to affect change?
- Authenticity: Does the celebrity’s philanthropic efforts seem authentic? Do you believe them or is this just good PR?
Click here to take survey. The survey closes on Friday, November 30th at 11:59 pm EST and the list will be unveiled in December. And, check out last year's list here.