Foundation encourages the community to ‘GiveBlack’ and participate in a Twitter Chat themed “Because I Give…”
POISE Foundation has joined as a sponsor of Black Philanthropy Month 2015 (#BPM2015), a global initiative to strengthen African-American and African-descent giving in all its forms. The foundation will celebrate #BPM2015 through social media, highlighting stories and sharing traditions of giving.
On Thursday, August 13, 2015, POISE (@POISEFoundation) will host its first Twitter Chat themed “Because I Give…..” from 6pm – 7pm EST with special guests: Valaida Fullwood, author of the award winning book, Giving Back: A Tribute to Generations of African American Philanthropists; Emmai Alaquiva, Emmy-award winning documentarian; Vernard Alexander, entrepreneur and “networking king;” Sharnay Hearn, philanthropist and social entrepreneur; and Darcel Madkins, community activist and board chair of Community Investment Network. You can join the conversation by using the hashtags: #GivingBlack and #BPM2015.
You can also join POISE in promoting the power of Black giving in any of the following ways:
- Donate to POISE, or a favorite organization serving the Black community
- Share stories of giving with POISE via firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter and Facebook
- Inspire collective giving by joining or starting a giving circle
- Learn more about the role generosity plays in ensuring a healthy, safe and prosperous community
- Volunteer for an organization or community service project
About POISE Foundation
Black communities have vested reasons to celebrate and renew their rich, shared traditions of giving, self-help, and innovation throughout the U.S. and the world. Since 1980, POISE Foundation has enabled individuals, organizations and others in greater Pittsburgh to collectively pool their time, talents and treasures in support of Black families and their communities.